This is a solution guide of Data Recovery in Mac. It is not very uncommon to casually clean up a Mac device and deleting files that we do not need. However, in the midst of that ‘casual clean-up’, we mistakenly delete something important. It is extremely easy to get rid of a file with just one wrong click and the consequences can be devastating.
- It could be that important assignment that you had to submit tomorrow.
- Maybe you deleted those precious images of your childhood that you have a special emotional connection with.
Fear not, my friends, all hope is not yet lost. We have formulated this simple guide for data recovery in Mac. It will allow you to get all those important files back right where they belong.
Main Methods of Data Recovery in Mac
There are usually two reliable methods of data recovery in Mac that would recover your data in most cases. However, you need to first check if the file that you seem to have erased has even been deleted or not. You can always check the Trash because in most cases, the file that you accidentally deleted is still lurking in the trash of your Mac.
- To check the trash, just open it through the dock and look for your file there.
- If the file is still there, then voila! It was never actually deleted (if you don’t find it, read the methods of data recovery in Mac below).
- You can just drag it out of there and retrieve it.
This is technically not really data recovery in Mac but you got your file back and that’s what counts, right? It is still okay if you haven’t found your files, because we haven’t yet explained the real methods of data recovery in Mac. So, let us begin.
1. Data Recovery in Mac using Time Machine
You can use this method in case you backup your Mac regularly. However, if you do not backup your Mac regularly, there is still time and you could start doing that. Honestly, it is a life saver.
Most people backup their files on a Mac using the Time Machine which comes pre-installed with the Mac operating system. If you have set it up properly and make regular backups, it is a piece of cake to perform data recovery in Mac. Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose the ‘Enter Time’ option from the Time Machine menu in your Mac’s menu bar.
- Now, press the ‘Up’ arrow next to the Finder to scroll upwards and navigate to a time when the deleted file was still intact.
- When you’ve managed to find a backup from the time when the file wasn’t deleted yet, navigate your way through the Finder until you see the file you wish to recover.
- You can preview this file by pressing the Spacebar. If it is the file that you wanted, simply click Restore.
Congrats! You’ve successfully performed data recovery in Mac using the time machine and have recovered the deleted file.
However, if you haven’t managed to find your file using this method, there is still another way of data recovery in Mac using the second method explained below.
2. Data Recovery in Mac using Third-Party Software
In case you were unable to recover your data using the Time Machine, there is yet another very reliable method of Data Recovery in Mac. It entails the usage of a third-party data recovery software. These usually come in all shapes and sizes and advertise all sorts of things. However, most of them do not really live up to their claims except one called EaseUS. EaseUS is the best software currently available for data recovery in Mac and as the name suggests, it is really easy to recover your files through it. Simply follow these steps:
- Download EaseUS data recovery software through the official website and install it.
- Open up EaseUS and select the location of the deleted file.
- Click the ‘Scan’ button on the top right. The software will now begin scanning for deleted files.
- After the scan is finished, the results would be displayed on the left. Just select the desired file(s) and click the ‘Recover Now’ button to start the data recovery in Mac.
- The software would then notify you about the success of the Data recovery in Mac and your files would be back to their original location!
These are the usual methods of data recovery in Mac and they work most of the time. However, If you still haven’t managed to recover the deleted data, then you might have to physically take your Mac to a specialist data recovery company as the last resort.
Feel free to let us know in the comments below if the data recovery methods in Mac stated above helped you retrieve your data.